Online privacy: who's watching you?
Every day we make decisions about the information we allow companies to collect about us online. Sometimes individual users are not aware of the information being tracked, but someone is always watching.
In this week's episode Om and I discuss the current state of privacy online and the trade-offs involved when users interact with advanced features of online services.This week's podsession is a bit longer than normal at 29 minutes, a 13 MB download.
- Business and privacy concerns in China.
- Personalized search.
- Browser toolbars from Google and Yahoo!.
- Google Mail and centrally logged chats.
- Google Desktop saving an index of your hard drive online.
- How websites identify users and behavior.
- A surprise announcement.