Startup tips and tricks
Everyone has their own productivity hacks and tools, the ways we each attempt to augment our own lifestyles and habits with technology and planning to become more efficient in our daily lives. In this week's PodSession Om and I share a few tips and tricks as they apply to the lean world of startups.
First up is the gear bag, the set of hardware we lug around to make sure we are always connected. Our mobile phones are data-enabled, never far from our mail servers or even a quick chat.
Om's gear bag:
- 15-inch MacBook Pro, glossy finish
- Nokia E61 as a primary mobile phone
- Nokia N73 as a backup phone
- Mobile phone hands-free wired headset
- USB phone charger
- EV-DO ExpressCard from Verizon
- T-Mobile Internet & E-mail plans for Blackberry workers
Niall's gear bag:
- Booq Boa.XM backback
- 15-inch MacBook Pro, matte finish
- Extra MacBook Pro power adapter
- Wireless Mighty Mouse
- Bose QuietComfort 3 noise canceling headphones
- Samsung a920 mobile phone tethered for Sprint EV-DO access
I recommend ProCare for businesses with multiple computers as a way to skip lines and get better service from Apple for everything from logic board repairs to training new employees on productivity applications. Amazon Prime is a good way to share Internet shopping efficiency between up to 5 co-workers.
We also share typical daily schedules and daily efficiency hacks to help manage information overload.
This week's PodSession, Startup Tips and Tricks, is 25 minutes in length, a 11 MB download.